Fergie - Tough for Gunners

United boss expects Liverpool trilogy to take its toll

Sir Alex Ferguson feels the upcoming triple-header with Liverpool could finish off Arsenal's faltering title bid.
The Gunners have blown a five-point advantage at the top of the Premier League and now languish six points behind leaders Manchester United.
Arsene Wenger's side face Liverpool in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals next month, with the ties sandwiching a domestic meeting between the two clubs.

And, following the second leg against Liverpool, Arsenal head to Old Trafford to round off a sequence of games which could ruin their title hopes, according to Ferguson.

The United boss said: "It is going to be so difficult for Arsenal to have to play three big matches against Liverpool in such a short space of time. It will definitely take a lot out of them.
"I plan to fly back after our game in Rome and watch that first Champions League game at the Emirates.

"It will be fascinating to see how those teams go at each other.
"Arsenal have been a bit unlucky to have fallen back in the title race. They were unfortunate with injuries to three key midfield men in Diaby, Rosicky and Denilson.
"That would stretch any team's resources."

Chelsea are now United's nearest pursuers and welcome the reigning champions to fortress Stamford Bridge at the end of April.
Ferguson added: "They have a good home record stretching back a long time, so will feel they are in a good position.

"I just feel there are some very interesting games ahead and I'm confident in my squad. We've got proven winners."