Thread: TRex 4.6 vs Diablo

Uploads

TRex 4.6 vs Diablo

Hi,

I wonder if you can please help me. I am trying to decide which is the best CAM to choose from either a TRex 4.6 or a Diablo and would like to know the pro's / cons between them?

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards,

VIP Member
    Uploads

Re: TRex 4.6 vs Diablo

Well is-so-far as what there able to actually decode, there's not that much difference I'm afraid, that ther's not that much difference, in Decrypted Programing you'll recive by getting One or the other.

There are however some Hardware difference, I'll shall try to explain...

Diablo:
    The Diablo Cam come in Two variants, the Wireless and non Wireless versions
    IIRC the Wireless version is ~cheaper~ by a good €10.00(EUR) ~or so~ but sticks out like a PCMCIA 802.11 Wireless Adapter, (i.e. you can't shut the door / hatch etc on your STB as the Card will stick out futher then normal.)

The Non-wireless version is preaty much the same thing w/o the Wireless Circuitry.
    Unlike the Wireless version this version can accept Full size Subscription Cards, both the Wireless and Wireless have a SIM Slot for Subscription SIMs.

The Wireless besides beeing cheaper also can use the Diablo Base Station which sits between the Dish and the STB and will alow you to Share your Subscription Card(s) up to Four different Diablo Cams in your House!

The Cons?!
    You'll need at the MINIMUM!! a CAS2+ better still a FUll CAS3+ and EVEN BETTER STILL A DIABLO BASE STATION (IF YOU CAN FIND ONE!), If you plan on keeping that "CAM" up-to-date...

T-Rex 4.4 - 4.5/4.6 (and Latter)
    First off I don't have the Supper Modual let's get that out of the way.
    A long time ago... Premiere used this thing called MECM this made Premiere "DARK" and the world was deeply saddened by it. Along comes the great Super Modual 4.5 nooo woops 4.6 after you had to have your Dealer update the CAM for you.
    Then you'd be able to watch PW again. ^_^

**Note this could be a bit different now**

Since for whatever reason Premiere have stoped useing MECM and the normal T-Rex 4.4 does pretty much the same job as it allways did

The Con here??
    The Price! (It's been a while since I've had a look 'round) but, IIRC the T-Rex 4.5/6 went for about €138.00(EUR) to €150.00(EUR)

You'll still need a Dinomite, Infinity CAS3+ to program a Loader Card which also costs anywhere from €15.00(EUR) to €20.00(EUR)

Take the Diablo Wireless for ex: it was only about €85.00(EUR)

So my advice for anyone starting off at the moment would be to get the older T-Rex Dragon CAM 4,1 ca €79.00(EUR) a Dinomite Programer €35.00(EUR) and a Loader Card. €15.00(EUR) = €129.00(EUR), that should get you well everything there currenty is to get up there.

The Diablo and a CAS 3 will set you back around €168.00(EUR)
    The Trex 4.6 came down a bit I see it's now only shy of a flush €100.00(EUR) or €99.00(EUR) ~if you will~. you'll still need the Loader Card and Programer though...
    If your will

Uploads

Hi Ichojoe,

Thank you very much for such clarity of information - it is really appreciated.

With kind regards.

VIP Member
    Uploads

Ya know what I was sitting here wondering why I couldn't get my Skystar HD2 to work with my Diablo CAM (i.e. Wireless), and my T-Rex does!

...Then it dawns on me that the T-Rex > 4.5/6 probably dont have an Irdet*2 decodeing option. Mostly usefull on Hotbird 13.0°e for Pr0nz, Free and Full x + INXTC etc... etc...

Damn, it looks like this will be my Third Cam in as many years afterall

Uploads

I think the diablo is better then the T Rex [more update's cheaper to buy] etc.. but with the new version coming out[2.3] who know's!!..then of course you now have the the new jolly cam coming out so it seem's there will be more compitition..