Thread: Anybody else here with a SSHD2

VIP Member
    Uploads

Question Anybody else here with a SSHD2

I need some feedback for anyone with a Technisat Skystar HD2 (no not the Skystar HD nor the Skystar2), it goes by the other names of the likes of Twinhan 1041+4046, Azurewave AD-SP400 & Teratec Cinergy S2.

I was told that the "Card" *works* with the Diablo CAM...
    Well here's the rub! It does and yet still it DOES NOT!
    While I can insert it and have the usual set of friendly v2.45 greetings as normal the Screen's still remains DARK

While I'll shuffle 'round the Menu to ~check the Keys~ the CAM is reporting there proper use (as of the last full v2.45 Update), AND THE SCREENS' STILL DARK ARGGGHH

Could it be that I'm missing something here?
    I don't see what it could be though as it works like it alwasy had after I updated with FreeX (and co.) with the last I2 Key sometime yesterday afternoon. Premiere and co works ok to on my STB.

OTOH my (not so ruddy) T-Rex 4.1 works like a Champ in this thing!
    Decoding P-HD & Disco-HD on 19.2e, but I'll have the feeling that I'm still gonna miss my I2 Channels on 13.0e.

Anybody else here have a clue for me?
    other then that I guess it's off to the Shop for a T-Rex SuperModual T_T

Re: Anybody else here with a SSHD2

Hi there

I know it's been a long time since your post....did you ever get the Diablo to work? I also bought a SS2 HD CI (USB version) and can get nothing with the Diablo. I'm kind of pi$$ed off the shop sold both to me at the same time, knowing that the Diablo probably won't work!

Flash

VIP Member
    Uploads

Re: Anybody else here with a SSHD2

No I can't say that I have.
    I'm not so familiar with the USB version, as I've never seen one.
    But, in my experiences with the Diablo and SS HD2 (PCI), I found it to be a touch more stable when you turn the "Auto PMT" Option off on the Diablo.

This however still doesn't prevent the CAM from crashing after about 5~20 Minutes after initializing it under Windows. But, then IMHO Windows SUCKS for HTPC use! And therefore use Gen2VDR for that purpose. Alas that there are no working Drivers for that Card under Linux, let alone for the CI add-on which typically do not work on most Cards to begin with.

Thankfully my Smartmouse on COM1 can still deal with it under Camd3 though.

Ps. not that it's of much help to you but the SS HD2 (again under Windows XP), works just fine with my old T-Rex v4.3, I have not tested it against the newer v4.5/4.6 Supermodule, but, I'm thinking that ~it~should be ok though.

BTW: Which version of the Diablo do you have 2.2 / 2.3 / or the Wi-Fi?
    I have the v2.2 One myself.