Moyes issues contract demands

Manager's future at Everton moves a step closer

Everton manager David Moyes is waiting for a response from the Goodison Park board after issuing his contract demands.

The Toffees boss has held discussions with chairman Bill Kenwright as he looks to settle his future.

Moyes, who is chasing a place in next season's UEFA Champions League with Everton, is eager for assurances that the progress he has overseen on Merseyside since taking over in 2002 will continue.

And having let his feelings be known to Kenwright, Moyes is now waiting for a response but he accepts that a final decision is unlikely until the end of the season.

Contract talks

"I have had a conversation with Bill and I will know more in the next couple of weeks," Moyes said in the Daily Express.

"We probably won't get down to any contract talks until the end of the season. The club know what I want.

"I have had an opportunity to tell them what I want them to do and I am waiting now on their response back."

Moyes, who welcomes Derby to Goodison Park on Sunday, has also identified a number of summer signings.

Summer signings

"I know what I am after," Moyes added. "Whether we can get them or whether they would be available is a different thing.

"I have signings that might not cost too much in my mind and ones that I think would cost a bit more.

"We will know soon what ones we will be able to go for."