Grant happy to be unpopular

Chelsea boss unconcerned by popularity stakes at Stamford Bridge

Chelsea manager Avram Grant insists he does not care if he is unpopular among his players at Stamford Bridge.

Grant has endured a turbulent season since replacing former boss Jose Mourinho in September and Wednesday's UEFA Champions League quarter-final first leg defeat to Fenerbahce heaped pressure on the Israeli.

Following in the footsteps of popular former bosses Claudio Ranieri and Mourinho, Grant - who takes his side to Manchester City on Saturday - has always faced a difficult task in securing affection in West London.

But with Chelsea sitting second in the Premier League and with a place in the last four of the Champions League still a possibility, Grant is adamant he is not concerned by his recognition with the Blues.

"You can speak about Jose Mourinho, or you can speak about Claudio Ranieri," Grant said in the Daily Mail.

"There is not a manager in the world who is liked by all his players. Everyone has a different opinion. I don't care about this.

"If I listened to this since September, we would have won less than 50 per cent of our games.

"In football, so many people say so many things, you cannot listen to them all. Even if I won something, I don't think people would stop.

"I know it's not easy, but I never asked for an easy life."