Babel backs ref's decision

Torres and Crouch looking forward to Chelsea tie

Ryan Babel is convinced the referee made the right decision in awarding a penalty in Liverpool's 4-2 win over Arsenal.

A pulsating second leg of the UEFA Champions League quarter-final had turned in Arsenal's favour after Emmanuel Adebayor had made it 2-2 on the night.

But a minute later, Liverpool were given a spot-kick after Babel was brought down by Kolo Toure, with Steven Gerrard converting from 12 yards.

Toure and Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger were unhappy with the decision, but Babel, who completed the scoring in injury-time, felt Swedish official Peter Frojdfeldt was correct.

"Yes, of course, I think so," Babel told Sky Sports News when asked if he thought it was a penalty.

"He took a big opportunity away from me. I think it was Toure or Cesc, I don't know, but I think he took an opportunity away from me and I think it's a penalty."

50% game

Liverpool will now meet Chelsea in the semi-finals for the third time in four seasons, with Rafa Benitez's side having come out on top in the two previous meetings.

Fernando Torres, who put Liverpool 2-1 ahead against Arsenal at Anfield, admits the semi-final will again be evenly contested.

"The two games against Chelsea in the league were two draws," said Torres. "I think we can win, but we can lose. It's a 50 per cent game."

Torres' strike partner Peter Crouch believes the Reds have a strong chance to reach a third Champions League final under Benitez's stewardship.

Crouch said: "We've done very well in this competition in previous years.

"I wouldn't say we are favourites as Chelsea are a fantastic side, but we certainly have got a very good chance."