Giggs eyes domination

United winger backs young squad to grow

Ryan Giggs believes Manchester United's current crop of players have the ability to 'dominate for the next few years'.

United are currently on course to retain their Premier League crown as they sit five points clear of Chelsea at the summit with four games remaining.

Sir Alex Ferguson's side are also readying themselves for a UEFA Champions League semi-final tie against Barcelona, live on Sky Sports 2 and HD2.

And Giggs has backed his team-mates to continue to demonstrate their quality for years to come.

"I don't see why this team can't dominate for the next few years," Giggs told the Daily Mirror.

"Everything is in place for that to happen. It just depends whether the younger players have the hunger and desire to keep on winning trophies, but I'm sure that's the case."

Giggs went on to compare the current squad to that which claimed a historic league, FA Cup and Champions League Treble in the 1998/99 season.

"I think this group of players is up there with the 1999 lot, which was obviously a really good squad," he continued.

"But this is probably the best squad we've had in terms of the balance between the young lads and the experienced players.

"That mixture of experience from the older players and the enthusiasm of the younger ones has created the perfect blend for continued success.

"But you're judged on what you win. The 1999 team set the benchmark by winning the Treble. That's what this team is capable of doing. But you've got to go out there and do it.

"This team is the right age to achieve success for a long time."