Pique focused on run-in

United defender not thinking about his future

Gerard Pique wants to put talk about his Manchester United future on hold until the end of the season.

The Spanish defender has featured in recent games alongside Rio Ferdinand following an injury to Nemanja Vidic.

But Vidic is expected to return from a knee problem against Blackburn on Saturday to leave Pique back on the periphery.

With Ferdinand and Vidic firmly established as United's first-choice pairing, questions have been asked of Pique's long-term future at Old Trafford.

The 20-year-old, who returns to former club Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League next week, admits he will have to accept the role of back-up again once Vidic is fit, but is not worrying about his future.

Crucial time

"We're having a great season and I don't want to talk about my future at this crucial time of the season," said Pique in the Daily Express.

"I want to keep my mind concentrated on helping United to win things.

"I'm looking forward to going back to Barcelona. I spent eight or nine years there as a young lad and it will be a good feeling to go back and play at the Nou Camp with all my family and friends there.

"I am a Barca fan, but now I wear the United shirt and I want us to win. I always say I want Barca to win La Liga and any other competition we are not in.

"Of course I hope to play on Wednesday, but I wouldn't wish misfortune on a team-mate and if 'Vida' is fit to play then I just have to accept it."