Hamilton - I'll bounce back

Brit aiming to avenge Bahrain agony

Lewis Hamilton has vowed to steer his season back on track following a miserable weekend in Bahrain.

The 23-year-old racer endured an error-strewn time in the Middle East as a crash in practice wrecked his McLaren, which was followed on race day by Hamilton temporarily stalling on the grid and also ploughing into the back of Fernando Alonso.

The overall result was a 13th placed finish for Hamilton - the lowest finish in his Formula One racing career so far.

The weekend of misery saw Hamilton relinquish his place at the top of the drivers' standings to world champion Kimi Raikkonen - something the young Brit is keen to overturn in the upcoming Spanish Grand Prix.

"You learn something in every race, even if you win," said Hamilton.

"I think we have come a long way, and looking into the next race I feel very confident we can do a better job.

"It's great to be back in Europe. This is when it really starts getting busy, and you are closer to home so it's a great feeling.

"You are also closer to the team, so I think we can be a bit more productive when we are back here."

McLaren, along with other manufacturers have been testing new parts on the car in Barcelona as they aim to leapfrog Ferrari and BMW Sauber in the Constructors' Championship.

"There were a few [bits], not a lot, but we definitely made some steps forward," added Hamilton.

"I think at this test everyone is doing something different. Some people are running slick tyres and some are running grooves.

"We just focused on our job and I think the car is feeling better and I feel a little bit more comfortable in it. We feel quite strong here."