Eto'o ready to quit Barca

Striker determined to win titles

Samuel Eto'o has threatened to leave Barcelona, if the club experience another season like the current one.

Barca trail bitter rivals Real Madrid by 11 points in the Primera Liga, while the white hankies were out in force at Camp Nou on Saturday following a 0-0 draw with Espanyol.

Frank Rijkaard's side face Manchester United in the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday night, live on Sky Sports 2, but even victory may not be enough to persuade Eto'o to stay.

The Cameroon striker, who has repeatedly been linked with a move to the Premier League, admits his time at Barcelona may be coming to an end.

Touched the ceiling

"If next year we continue like that, I will leave," Eto'o told RAC1 radio station. "I want to win titles and if I can't do it here then it will be in another club.

"But in Spain my cycle has finished. I have touched the ceiling in Barcelona, so if I leave I will go abroad. I will go to whoever pays the most."

Eto'o is baffled by Barcelona's form in La Liga, but is confident the club's domestic troubles will not surface in their European tie with United.

No explanation

He added: "What has caused this dip in form? I ask myself that question. Football reflects life. Sometimes things happen to you that you cannot explain.

"With all the players we have, we draw or lose some games without understanding why. There is no explanation.

"In the Champions League, though, we feel well. We're just three games away from being able to lift the trophy with the big ears.

"It's the game of the season for us. United are favourites, but we must prove we're better than them. We will not be lacking desire or character."