Messi ready for United

Barca ace back from injury ahead of semi-final, live on Sky Sports 2

Lionel Messi says he is 'ready' to face Manchester United after the Barcelona star continued his comeback from injury.

The Argentina international played the second half of Saturday's 0-0 draw with Espanyol after recently returning from five weeks on the sidelines with a thigh injury.

Messi is now expected to start Wednesday's UEFA Champions League semi-final, first leg against United, live on Sky Sports 2, and he is looking forward to the encounter.

"I am ready for United," Messi told the Spanish media. "I am well. The fans are waiting for me to show what I can do on Wednesday.

"I am calm and I've so much desire to be at my best and be able to offer my team the things I can bring on the pitch.

"I am certain I will be even more determined in the game against Manchester, which has special significance."

Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are likely to command the most attention on Wednesday night, but the Barca attacker insists the match is more than a duel between himself and the United winger.

He added: "Cristiano is a great player. He showed it last season and he's showing it this season with many goals.

"But the game is between Manchester and Barcelona, not between Ronaldo and me. It's a game between two great teams."