Barrichello in confident mood

Brazilian expects to pick up points

Honda's Rubens Barrichello will head into the Spanish Grand Prix high on confidence after a successful test week in Barcelona.

The Brazilian, whose RA108 was running with several new parts, including the "dumbo" front nose wing, topped the timesheets on day two of testing.

Barrichello believes the team have made good progress and is hopeful they can score points in Spain this coming weekend.

"We had a very busy and successful test this week," he said.

"On Wednesday, I had a good day evaluating the slick tyres and we were able to make some improvements to our set-up. It was nice to finish at the top of the timesheet, although it does not have too great a significance when only half of the field were running slicks.

"We ran our new aero upgrade for the first time and I'm encouraged by the performance.

"I felt a definite improvement, although the windy conditions made it difficult to quantify how much. We covered some good mileage and a lot of test items, particularly on Thursday when I completed 140 laps.

"Overall I have good reason to be positive for the Spanish Grand Prix and I hope that we can get into the points there."