United duo satisfied with draw

Carrick and Evra pleased with performance at Camp Nou

Michael Carrick and Patrice Evra were happy with Manchester United's performance in the goalless draw at Barcelona.

Barcelona dominated possession but created few clear opportunities and United could have scored an away goal to take back to Old Trafford for the second leg of the UEFA Champions League semi-final.

Cristiano Ronaldo missed a penalty early on but Carrick was nevertheless pleased that United still have an excellent chance to progress.

"We had a game-plan and tactically I think we got it spot on. Everyone put in a good shift and we looked very solid as a team," the midfielder told Sky Sports News.

"On another day we might have nicked it. We had a penalty and had a couple of decent chances. If one of them had gone in it would have been the perfect night for us, but as it is we've got a clean sheet and we couldn't be happier with that.

"They've got some very talented players who can change a game in any given second. We're aware of that and we're not taking anything for granted.

"But we know if we win at home we're through and that's a great incentive.

"I don't know who has the advantage. There is another game to be played and we're level at the moment."

Evra was delighted with United's defensive display and also gave his backing to Ronaldo to make amends in the return leg.

But the French left-back admitted that United's failure to score at Camp Nou does leave them slightly vulnerable.

Evra said: "I think I'm just disappointed about the goal. We haven't scored the away goal but tactically it was fantastic

"I think the defence played very well. We stopped many attacks."

He added: "What can you say about Cristiano Ronaldo? How many goals has he scored?

"I think for the return (leg) he will score maybe one or two goals."