Rafa - Reds will be stronger

Liverpool boss meets with owners to discuss targets

Rafa Benitez is confident he enjoyed a positive meeting with Liverpool's owners to discuss transfer targets for next season.
The recent boardroom turmoil involving American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett has created concerns about Benitez's ability to plan for the future.
Hicks, who recently branded chief executive Rick Parry's tenure a 'disaster', met the Liverpool boss this week to discuss targets.
Benitez declined to comment on the battle for power in the boardroom, but feels it was a productive meeting.
"You know we have two owners and a chief executive," said Benitez on Sky Sports News.
Need to progress

"We need to progress - my responsibility is to prepare the squad for the future and to improve the squad. So, I like to talk to them.
"We were talking about targets and things like this. It was good.
"We were talking about how to improve and progress because it's important to sign the right players for the future.
"After the meeting we are trying to progress with some targets. Last week we were doing this and this week it's the same. I think we will be stronger next season."