Gerrard ready to exploit Blues

Liverpool skipper fires warning shot to Euro rivals

Steven Gerrard has warned Chelsea that Liverpool are ready to exploit the Blues' weaknesses in the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League.

Chelsea enjoy a slight advantage ahead of Wednesday's second leg meeting at Stamford Bridge following a 1-1 draw in the opening encounter at Anfield last week.

But captain Gerrard insists Liverpool possess the necessary know-how to eliminate Chelsea, in a match which can be seen live on Sky Sports 2, and book a place against Manchester United in this season's final in Moscow on 21st May.

"We know their (Chelsea's) weaknesses," Gerrard said in the Daily Mirror. "We know how to beat them.

Big performance

"We will need big performances from our big players to do that but the only important thing is how we produce those performances."

Gerrard, though, has admitted that he has learnt from manager Rafa Benitez not to stress about games.

Liverpool must score at Stamford Bridge in order to progress, a feat they have not managed under Benitez's charge, but Gerrard is adamant he is not fretting.

"I have learnt from Benitez that it is pointless getting worked up about things you can't control," Gerrard continued.

Liverpool future

"A goal you conceded, you can't change that. When I was younger I did get consumed by things like that but now I have a very clear picture of what is important and that is how we beat Chelsea."

And Gerrard, who has been a long-term target of Chelsea, is also adamant that he does not seem himself ever leaving Liverpool.

"I can't see myself playing anywhere else now," Gerrard added. "While it is in my hands and it's my decision, then that decision will be to stay at Liverpool and try and fulfil my remaining ambition here.

"I have got three years left on my contract. I signed a new deal to stay here long-term and no matter what you hear every time we play Chelsea, I am happy here.

"I want to stay. I can see this side getting stronger and stronger. We say this every summer, but maybe this year is the important summer because it's the chance for us to go to the next level."