Cole - We need to win it now

Midfielder also praises Lampard

Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole feels reaching the UEFA Champions League final is a 'great achievement' for the club.

An extra-time victory over Liverpool at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday evening set up a date in Moscow with Manchester United on 21st May.

It will be Chelsea's first appearance in a Champions League final and Cole is determined to mark the occasion with a victory.

"It's a great achievement for the football club and every player in our squad, but we haven't won anything yet," Cole told Sky Sports News.

"We need to go and win it."

Great player

Cole also paid tribute to Frank Lampard, who scored a penalty to put Chelsea 2-1 in front on his first appearance since the death of his mother last week.

"I've known Frank a long time and I know what kind of fella he is," added Cole. "I don't think he gets enough plaudits as he should do.

"I think he's a great player, and to step up and do that in the time of what's going on in his life, I take my hat off to him."

Meanwhile, Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech believes a first all-English final in the Champions League highlights the strength of the Premier League.

Cech said: "It just shows how strong and great a competition the Premier League is because there was, in the last four, three English teams.

"This is significant and you know this league is brilliant."