Utd deal for Bosingwa denied

Agent dismisses claims of agreement but move could materialise

Porto right-back Jose Bosingwa has not agreed terms with Manchester United, according to the player's agent.

United are reportedly tracking the defender, whose club confirmed last Friday that it would not consider any offer less than 20million euros (15.7million) for the star.

Reports claimed the Red Devils have stepped up their interest in the 25-year-old, however Bosingwa's agent, Rui Neno, has dismissed the rumours, but admits the Portugal international would be interested in a move to the Premier League.

"There is not any sort of agreement with Manchester United," Neno said. "If any club bid the 30million euros set by the club, I believe there might be agreement.

"In Bosingwa's contract there is not any buyout clause preventing him from negotiating. What does he say? Well, he is receptive to offers and says that this is a good season to move on.

"What has happened is that clubs from, Spain, Italy, England and recently Germany have shown interest in the player.

"Given his style of play, I really think that he would adapt easily to the Premier League, despite the fact some other European clubs have shown their interest."

Neno confirmed he has had contact with some English clubs, but insists Aston Villa are not among them.

"Yes, but I prefer to keep quiet as it would be unpleasant to name those clubs' names now," he continued. "I just have to say that Aston Villa are not among those clubs.

"I have no idea where these suggestions [of Villa interest] came from. I have never been contacted by anyone from Aston Villa.

"It does not seem to me that the player would be interested to sign for Aston Villa, with all respect to the club. He would match up to a Champions League side."