Toro Rosso debut stalled

STR3 debut likely to come in Monaco

Toro Rosso have announced that their new STR3 car will miss its intended debut at this weekend's Turkish Grand Prix because of a lack of spare parts.

"We haven't had enough time to produce all the spares we need," a team spokeswoman said on Monday.

The Ferrari-powered team had planned to introduce the STR3 in Istanbul but French driver Sebastien Bourdais crashed it during testing in Barcelona on April 16th.

Drivers Bourdais and Sebastian Vettel are now likely to get their hands on the new car at the Monaco Grand Prix on May 25th.

Toro Rosso, who have been using a modified version of their 2007 car so far this season, said it had always been an ambitious target to introduced the STR3 at the race in Istanbul and that Bourdais' shunt had only complicated matters.