Raikkonen - Winning is the key

Reigning champ hoping for Turkish delight

World champion Kimi Raikkonen is determined to maintain his fantastic start to the defence of his title in Sunday's Turkish GP in Istanbul.

The Ferrari racer has made a superb start to the 2008 season - recording two wins and one second place finish in the opening four races.

Raikkonen has amassed a nine-point lead over McLaren-Mercedes racer Lewis Hamilton - a remarkable feat considering the Finn failed to finish the opening race of the season in Melbourne.

However, the 28-year-old insists he and Ferrari must avoid complacency heading into Sunday's Grand Prix, as their competitors will be ready to pounce on any slip-ups in Istanbul.

"I bet that our competitors have done their homework very carefully to beat us in Turkey," Raikkonen wrote on his website.

"But there is no reason to worry about that as I believe Ferrari will go fast there as well.

"Istanbul is demanding in a similar way to Malaysia and Bahrain. Ferrari have won both of those races and that gives us every reason to believe we should again be competitive this weekend."

Early pacesetter Raikkonon also believes that at this stage of the Championship, all that matters is winning.

"I really like this part of the season. We just go for it every time. Only winning matters," he said.

"We're leading the Championship, but that is not important at the moment; what counts is that we're leading at the end of the season.

"If we want to stay ahead the easiest thing is that we keep the others behind during the race."