Brawn: We can build on Spain

Honda chief Ross Brawn is delighted with the team's start to the season, marked by Jenson Button collecting their first points in Barcelona.

And with the championship race moving on to Turkey this weekend, Brawn is confident the team can build on their success in Spain and claim further points in Istanbul.

"We were extremely pleased to pick up our first points of the season in Barcelona," said Brawn. "It was just reward for the efforts that everyone has put in over the last few months.

"We took many positives from the race weekend, including the good performance of the new aero(dynamic) package and our strategy working well, with the execution of the pit stops especially good.

"Of course there are challenges to be overcome. However, I am confident we have the right attitude and commitment to resolve these.

"There is tremendous potential in this team, and our three points in Barcelona was the first step at the start of a very intense few months of racing."

Brawn feels the Istanbul Park circuit will suit his car, adding: "It is a great race track our drivers really enjoy.

"We will have some small refinements to the car and aero package to suit the characteristics of this particular circuit.

"I am expecting the car to perform slightly better here than in Barcelona, where we suffered with ride quality over the bumpy surface.

"So I believe we can look forward to challenging for the top 10 in qualifying and hopefully scoring points again."