Davidson vows to return

Super Aguri driver chasing new seat

Anthony Davidson believes he has 'unfinished business' in F1 after his Super Aguri team were forced out of this year's championship.

Both Davidson and team-mate Takuma Sato were left without a drive earlier this week when Aguri Suzuki's team collapsed through lack of funding after just two-and-a-half years on the grid.

But the Briton, who spent his formative years as a test driver before securing his seat, is hoping he will be back in 2009 - if not before.

"After several years as a test driver in F1 I'm glad that I had the chance to show that I can race and to prove my speed, and I'm grateful to the team and Honda for the opportunity," he said.

"Although it's a difficult time of the year to find an alternative option as most plans are finalised and the season is well underway, I'm glad I took the opportunity to compete again this year and strongly believe that I have unfinished business in Formula One."

Davidson admitted he enjoyed his time with Super Aguri and is upset that so many people are now looking for a job.

"It wasn't a complete shock as we have all known how difficult things have been, but I'm obviously really disappointed that the team is unable to see out the rest of the season and beyond, and gutted not just for myself but for all the guys at the factory who have worked so hard.

"It was a small team, but with a lot of passion. The team has always worked incredibly hard, and I think this year the guys showed great dedication and loyalty to keep fighting especially given the uncertainty over the future.

"There have been a lot of good moments - being on the grid in Melbourne for the first time last year having waited so long for a race drive, and some very strong qualifying performances would be among my favourites."