Woody targets silverware

Defender puts cups ahead of Champions League place

Jonathan Woodgate is targeting a place in the Champions League with Tottenham but would swap a top-four finish for another trophy next season.

Woodgate scored the winner in the Carling Cup final in February and would choose more silverware over qualifying for Europe's top club competition.

The 28-year-old defender told Metro: "I'd take an FA Cup win. I know the club might disagree with me because they get more money if you finish fourth but it doesn't go down in history, does it?

"Winning the FA Cup is a bit of history. What's fourth?"

Qualifying for the Champions League remains one of Woodgate aims when next season gets under way, with the current campaign concluding on Sunday against Liverpool.

"Any player in Europe wants to play in the Champions League," Woodgate added.

"Hopefully we can get there at Tottenham. We want to try to get into the Champions League next season but we know it is not going to be easy."

Spurs head coach Juande Ramos has started making plans for life without Dimitar Berbatov and admits the striker has made his mind up on his future at White Hart Lane.

Ramos wants to keep Berbatov but concedes the 28-year-old Bulgaria international could depart if a club matches Spurs' valuation and the player wants to move.

"I've spoken to him many times and know exactly what he wants," said the Spaniard.

Asked if it was possible to change Berbatov's mind at this stage, Ramos added: "No, I understand perfectly well that big clubs want to sign him."

Berbatov has recovered from a groin injury and is available to play against Liverpool, which could be a farewell appearance if an appropriate bid is tabled over the summer.