Thread: Mpeg 4 Conax Cam Hd

Uploads

Mpeg 4 Conax Cam Hd

This is new conax cam produced for mpeg4 and hd channels using digitalb card.It says that this cam can make possible to watch mpeg4 and hd channels with a normal sd receiver.
    Does anybody know if this is true and works perfect with sd receivers.
    If i were in England i would test myself but i leave somewhere else and i have no possibility to find such cam and find out the truth.
    Can you please give me correct answer for this:thanks to all bledi07

Uploads

Re: Mpeg 4 Conax Cam Hd

Any idea for this cam or is better to buy a hd linux receiver.
    If so which one do you suggest(not to expensive).

VIP Member
    Uploads

Re: Mpeg 4 Conax Cam Hd

Do you have (or can you point us), to some more information about such CAM's.
    Personaly I find it doubtfull that a CAM can turn any DVB-x CI Device into a DVB-x2 One.

Then again I've heard tell of such a CAM for Nagravision ~specifically Polsat~ that could do this kind of thing, but, given such things as HDCP, HDMI and the output in excess of +1280X720P **AT THE LOW END**, I don't think there be many STB Boxes that could handle it, and I doubt that the PCMCIA Bus could handle it either.

That said I would still be interested in reading anything *official* on this matter.

As far as DVB-S2 Linux Boxes, I've bee also looking and well I don't think they exist en-mass just yet. My understanding is that do date the DVB-x2 standards still have to be fixed whenever the "Board" gets round to ratifying such a standard. Until that happens I don't think we will see many Linux Boxes in the Market.

That said I soppose there's the Dreambox 8000 (if they ever relesed it yet), and the Reelbox, but as for the latter be prepaird to drop about €1300.00(EUR) on it.

I think I can speek from some level in that I've all but abandoned windows for linux since the begining of the year. I use gen2vdr, which is basicly the same thing as the Reelbox sans HD. I soppose I'll have to get an eHD Card for that, but sadly my Technisat Skystar HD2 (Twinhan vp-1041 / Azureware AD-S 400), refuses to work in eiter DVB-S or S2 mode.

I'm guessing that it is just a matter of time till this gets fixed though (I hope), but a considering you could build a decent HTPC for less with eventually just as much functionality as the Reelbox which is just an embedded Linux format to begin with seems like a better challenge to me.

The "trick" is to read and google your but off, as I have had to find out there are certain Cards that just work, as they say automagicly and those that do not.

But again I think it boiis down to the fact that there simply isn't a real DVB-S2 standard* ~UNDER LINUX~ yet.

* Let me stress the UNDER LINUX yet bit, of curse theres a DVB-s2 Standard such as it is, sadly the FLOSS Boys seem to be sitting on there collective hands on this one for the moment....