Kimi: Not the best of Fridays

World Champion struggles with gearbox and set-up

Despite finishing at the top of the timesheets in Friday's second free practice session for the Turkish Grand Prix, Kimi Raikkonen admits he was not happy with how his day played out.

The reigning World Champion missed out on some valuable running time in the day's first session when a gearbox problem meant he only completed three laps.

With team-mate Felipe Massa leading the way, Raikkonen therefore ended the 90-minute session at the bottom of the timesheets.

However, the second session saw a remarkable about turn in form as the Finn, armed with a repaired gearbox, went quickest at the 20-minute mark.

Raikkonen's lap of one minute 27.543 seconds proved unbeatable throughout the rest of the session; nevertheless, he later said he was unhappy with his day's running.

"Not the best of Fridays," Raikkonen lamented. "This morning, I only managed one timed lap before a gearbox problem meant I could not go out for the rest of the session.

"In the afternoon, I struggled a bit to find the right settings on the car."

Even so, Raikkonen predicted that Friday's problems will sort themselves out, adding: "One of the main problems today was getting the tyres up to the correct temperature, but I think that tomorrow, partly as the grip level on the track improves and partly as we work to improve the set-up, it will be a different situation.

"We lost valuable time this morning, but we still have enough data to analyse so that we can be ready to tackle the rest of the weekend."