Grant looks to present

Chelsea chief convinced he has future in capital

Avram Grant insists he is already planning for next season, despite speculation over his position that refuses to go away.

Although the Israeli has achieved considerable success since replacing Jose Mourinho in the early stages of the season, talk has been rife that Chelsea could axe Grant in the summer.

However, Grant, who is preparing for Sunday's game against Bolton, is understood to have drawn up transfer targets to shape his squad for a first full campaign at Stamford Bridge.

Situation clear

"I know my situation," said Grant. "I've prepared myself for next year.

"Sometimes the club doesn't want you, sometimes you don't like the club, sometimes the manager is not happy with the club. It can happen.

"You have to do your job and not to be afraid what will happen in the future, what will happen will happen.

"There is no doubt in my mind and I don't think like this.

"What does not depend on me I cannot answer, and I don't care. Even Arsene Wenger cannot answer that question 100 per cent."

Should Chelsea win the title Grant would be in charge of one of the finest Premier League comebacks ever, after closing the gap on United.

However, it has been suggested the inspiration comes from senior players rather than the manager.

Unjust criticism

But this criticism is another that Grant feels is unjust: "I think it is easier with these players, I agree.

"But people who say that have to say it two or three years ago because there are the same players.

"I could come like an elephant to a shop and break everything.

"Someone said to me that more important than knowing what to change is to know what not to change.

"We changed a few things but what we didn't have to change was the players. In this, maybe it is personal."

Grant believes that should he guide Chelsea to glory in the Premier League or UEFA Champions League, then he might just receive some respect.

He added: "England didn't accept foreign players in the beginning. Every change takes time. You need patience.

"I'm sure in China there is a very good player that we need to look for and find. In every country there can be a good manager and bad manager.

"No two managers look the same. Wenger is very skinny, Alex is different, one has glasses, another hasn't. They criticised me over the way I looked? I'll ask my wife..."