Fergie happy to carry on

Veteran Red Devils boss not retiring - yet

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has no plans to retire after securing his 10th Premier League title.

The Red Devils wrapped up yet another league crown on Sunday following their 2-0 success over Wigan at The JJB.

Ferguson had previously announced he would step down at the end of the 2001/02 season, but after finishing with a trophy-less season he postponed his retirement and penned a three-year contract.

The Scottish tactician is proud of his tenure at Old Trafford and sees no reason why his youthful side cannot go on and secure even more silverware with the help of their veterans.

"Retire? That wife of mine just bullies me, so she'd throw me out of the door at seven o'clock in the morning!" stated Ferguson. "So that's a definite no.

"She's quite a formidable person! I am proud to have survived for so long, but it is easier for me than the rest because I am at such a great club. How would I be without this? Please tell me.

"This team is a good young one and has plenty of years left, so the 18th title will come.

"It has a lot of experience in Edwin van der Sar, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes. That kind of experience allows young players to develop."