Brady refuses to leave Brum

Sullivan prepared to listen to offers

Karren Brady insists that the Birmingham board will not be driven out despite angry protests from the club's supporters.

A number of fans staged an on-field protest against Brady and the Blues' co-owners David Sullivan and David Gold following their relegation to the Championship on Sunday.

Many believe that a change is needed at the top in order to stabilise the club and see them cement a place in the Premier League.

However, Brady is adamant that the actions of a minority group will not see the current establishment at St Andrews pack their bags, and is already putting preparations in place to ensure that the club bounce back into the top flight at the first time of asking.

"We will not be driven away by such people," Brady wrote in her column in The Sun.

"No, it's time to think positively and that means Alex McLeish will remain our manager with the promise that he need not sell any player he wishes to keep.

"We are already planning to offer Sebastian Larsson a new contract and James McFadden is also staying.

"Relegation has cost us about 25million but Alex will also have money to buy one or two players for key positions."

Brady admits Birmingham's demise this season was partially due to the early season debacle revolving around Hong Kong businessman Carson Yeung's attempted takeover of the club.

"We allowed ourselves to believe Carson Yeung's takeover would be completed with little pain last December," she revealed.

"The man from Hong Kong appeared to be a Chinese billionaire but turned out to be merely a wealthy poser.

"By the time we knew it, he had paid 15million for a 29.9 per cent stake in the Blues but couldn't find the rest."

However, despite Brady's insistence that the club will not change hands any time soon, David Sullivan has revealed that he would be willing to do business should the right offer come along.

"I will continue to work for the club, I won't let it down, but if there was someone out there with the money to buy me out, I'd do it. But there isn't," he said.

"The Chinese people would do it, but the supporters wouldn't want then either.

"They think the Sultan of Brunei or the King of Saudi Arabia is out there wanting to buy Birmingham. They aren't.

"We've got to find someone who is willing and able to takeover the club and run it better than we can, or at least as good as we can.

"They think there is someone better round the corner. Whether there is, time will tell."