Hleb won't 'buy out' contract

Gunners star not looking to invoke 'Webster clause'

Alexander Hleb's agent has confirmed his client will not be buying out the remainder of his Arsenal contract.

It had been thought the Belarus international was contemplating terminating his Gunners deal under the 'Webster clause' leaving him free to join another club.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger responded swiftly by remarking the process would not prove straightforward and Hleb's agent Nikolai Shpilevski has now stated the 27-year-old will not be going down that route.

With Hleb not looking to buy out the remainder of his two-year contract it appears the only way for the former Stuttgart ace to leave the Emirates would be for the club to agree a fee with any interested party.

Shpilevski claims some of the biggest clubs in Europe are chasing his client and that Hleb's future will be resolved one way or another within the next ten days.

"Alexander understands perfectly well that he plays for a great team, but the moment has come where he needs to make a choice," Shpilevski told Russian website www.sports.ru.

"Hleb has been playing in London for three years now and isn't sure whether in the future he can show the level of talent that he is showing currently.

"I can only confirm that some of the world's biggest clubs are interested in him.

"In any case I can say simply that Alexander will not buy out the remaining part of his five-year contract for a fixed sum of his sale.

"Hleb is a gentleman and will not stoop to that level. Everything will be done properly.

"I am sure that the situation surrounding this issue will finally be resolved in the next 10 days."