Carvalho's Chelsea concern

Defender expects summer changes at Stamford Bridge

Ricardo Carvalho has admitted Chelsea's team could break up after the UEFA Champions League final.

And the Portuguese centre-back does not know whether he will still be at Stamford Bridge next season.

There has been widespread speculation over a number of the Blues' leading stars, with Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard and Petr Cech just three of the players linked with possible moves.

Avram Grant helped Chelsea push Manchester United all the way before falling just short in the Premier League title race, with the two teams due to meet again in the Champions League final in Moscow on Wednesday.

But despite their impressive season, Carvalho is anticipating a busy summer in the transfer market, and has admitted his own future is in the balance.

He said: "You have to be prepared because, when it's like that, someone goes, someone stays, someone comes.

"I don't know yet if I will stay but I have a contract.

"Everyone has known each other here for a long time and we enjoy each other's company so we have to try to win this last game. It's important.

"We didn't win the Premier League so we have to get a Champions League medal.

"At Chelsea you have to win competitions and trophies. We have to win games, every game."

Getting better

Carvalho has been struggling with a back injury which forced him to miss the final game of the league season at home to Bolton, but is optimistic of being fit for the final in Moscow.

He added: "My back is getting better.

"I will train more in the next few days so I hope it will be 100 per cent."