Kubica downplays future talk

Pole has "no new information"

BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica is refusing to let speculation about his future distract him from the task at hand this season.

The Pole is out of contract with the Swiss-German team at the end of the 2008 season; however, BMW Sauber have a one-year option on his services which they can choose to exercise.

However, should they opt to do that it must be by September, otherwise the likes of Renault and Ferrari, who are reportedly interested in Kubica, could pounce.

BMW motorsport boss Mario Theissen has already stated that the team will not announce their 2009 driver line-up until the summer, meaning that such speculation will likely continue.

But Kubica himself, who has scored a second place in Malaysia and a third place in Bahrain - the latter grand prix also seeing him take both his and the team's first ever pole position - is ignoring the talk and concentrating instead on BMW Sauber's 2008 challenge.

"I don't know," he told autosport.com when asked about his plans for next year.

"Every day there is some new rumour, it was same as two weeks ago, one week ago. I have no new information."

Nevertheless, Kubica acknowledged that his long-term future was up in the air, adding: "I would just like the best option for me, but we will see what it will be.

"For now I am just concentrating on this year and doing the best job possible. Then we will have to see."