Lampard happy at Blues

Blues midfielder plays down transfer talk

Frank Lampard has reiterated his intention to discuss a new contract with Chelsea in the summer.

The England international has been linked with a close-season move to Internazionale, although his agent has been quick to dismiss those rumours.

Lampard is currently preparing for a UEFA Champions League final date with Manchester United and insists that the speculation surrounding his future will not deflect his focus from the game.

The midfielder believes that he has enjoyed the best years of his career at Stamford Bridge and sees no reason why he would seek a move.

"I'm very happy at Chelsea, they've been the best days of my career," he said.

"That (new contract) will be sorted out in the summer, hopefully.

"I've spoken to Chelsea at the end of the season and myself and the club have both said that we want to speak about my contract in the summer.

"Now is obviously not the time to have your mind on that at all, my mind is completely on the game tomorrow and after that we can deal with it."

A spokesperson for Chelsea was also keen to point out that the club had received no approach from Serie A champions Inter in regards to Lampard's availability.

"In regards to Inter Milan there has been no contact and no offers, and we're not interested in either contact or offers," they said.

"Frank's representatives have said the same, so just to put that to bed."

Lampard was speaking ahead of Wednesday night's European clash with United in Moscow and is determined to ensure that Chelsea do not become the forgotten men of the 2008 final.

"We've achieved a lot at Chelsea in the last four or five years and we've been very close to this final many times, and obviously the years we have missed out has made us more hungry so we're savouring this build up," he said.

"We know that the losing finalist is forgotten in history so we are looking to go the full step and we want to finish as the Champions League winners.

Lampard is also confident that the all-English nature of the contest will not see the game suffer as a spectacle.

"I think when you meet English teams on the way to a final most of us would say you'd prefer to stay away from them," he said.

"But I think the way it's turned out, the quality that Manchester United have in their team and the quality we have in our team and the huge honour it is for English football to have two teams in a final of this magnitude, I think it's a great thing.

"We should all enjoy the moment, enjoy the game and we're all happy to be part of that."