Strachan savours title win

Celtic boss now ready to head off on holiday

Gordon Strachan admits seeing Celtic beat Dundee United to clinch the SPL title was 'one of the most satisfying nights of my life'.

Celtic headed into the final game of the domestic season ahead of Old Firm rivals Rangers on goal difference.

Victory at Tannadice was always expected to secure a third successive domestic crown and Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink's header earned three points as Rangers lost 2-0 at Aberdeen.

Earlier this year, the Bhoys seemingly held slim hopes of overhauling Rangers, who held a points advantage and boasted games in hand.

But seven wins in a row ensured Celtic finished as champions to leave Strachan basking in the glow of a title hat-trick.

Fantastic occasion

"This has been one of the most fantastic occasions of my life," Strachan told BBC Radio Scotland.

"I'm with a bunch of guys who believed in me and I believed in them.

"I really do believe this is one the most satisfying nights of my life - not for me really but to see the players who have come under a lot of pressure during the season

"What I'm going to do now is - and it's only fair - I'm going to go away and be with people who have supported and believed in us the whole season