ZAGREB, May 26 (Reuters) - Croatia manager Slaven Bilic will be tempted to adjust the team's formation for the Euro 2008 finals after their unimpressive 1-0 friendly win over Moldova.

The Croatians lacked firepower up front on Saturday and were forced to hang on in the closing stages of their penultimate warm-up for the June 7-29 tournament in Switzerland and Austria, where they expect to at least reach the last eight.

Bilic favours a 4-4-2 formation but a lacklustre display against the Moldovans has tempted him to consider shifting to a 4-2-3-1 strategy with attacking midfielders Ivan Rakitic, Luka Modric and Niko Kranjcar behind a lone striker.

'Fielding that kind of line-up is a possibility and it has been in our thoughts since Rakitic broke into the squad,' Bilic told Croatian media on Sunday.

'I prefer having two up front because a last-minute shift can disrupt the team balance but we have to entertain the idea because it would, on the other hand, give us more options when we are in possession of the ball.

'In any case we are ready for Euro 2008 and we will consider our final warm-up match in Hungary next Saturday as the start of our campaign because we need to raise our game.'

Croatia 's top scorer Eduardo da Silva will miss Euro 2008 with a broken leg and none of his team mates look capable of stepping up on their current form.

Ivica Olic, Igor Budan and Ivan Klasnic hardly looked a threat against the Moldovans, leaving 20-year old Rakitic to carry the mantle with his incisive runs from midfield.

Although he has struggled to win a regular first team place when Croatia were at full strength, the Schalke midfielder believes he has done enough to become a starter.

'It would be stupid of me to say I don't expect to break into the first 11 because I do and I am working hard for it every day,' he said.

'It's up to the coach but I am up for it and I certainly didn't put in all the effort to start on the bench.'

Croatia open their Euro 2008 Group B campaign against Austria in Vienna on June 8. They play Germany in Klagenfurt on June 12 and Poland at the same venue four days later.