O'Shea staying with United

Versatile ace happy to stay put with champions

Manchester United stalwart John O'Shea has confirmed he will not be leaving Old Trafford this summer.

It had been thought the Republic of Ireland ace could call time on his Red Devils tenure in order to secure regular first-team football elsewhere.

However, after considering his Old Trafford future, O'Shea has confirmed he will not be leaving despite the size and strength of Sir Alex Ferguson's double-winning squad.

When asked if he was considering leaving United, O'Shea replied: "That is crossing my mind a lot of the time, but then I think 'where do you go when you leave a team like that?'

"That's an even bigger question. For the time being, I will stay where I am.

Get on with it

"You just have to get on with it. The club has so many players and in the build-up to the final, he [Ferguson] had every player fit."

A lot of speculating is also surrounding team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo's future with Real Madrid linked with a summer bid, however, O'Shea does not fear his colleague jumping ship.

"It's not frustrating at all when you know the player and you know the type of lad he is," he told Sky Sports News on the speculation surrounding Ronaldo.

"He just gets on with it, he does his talking on the field. I'm very confident you'll see him in a red shirt at Old Trafford next year.

"All I can say is he'll be at Old Trafford next year."