Capello pleased with win

Coach praises attitude

England coach Fabio Capello was happy with his side following their comfortable win over Trinidad and Tobago.

Capello named his strongest possible side to start the game and he was rewarded with a bright opening as Gareth Barry and Jermain Defoe made it 2-0 after just 15 minutes.

The match began slow therefater and England could only find the net once more with Defoe adding a second - but the Italian was more than pleased with the display in Port of Spain.

"Yes we are satisfied because we played the first-half very well," he told Sky Sports News.

"We scored two goals and we played good football. The other team did not have a lot of chances and that is important.

"The players did well, they had good concentration and a good attitude and they did everything I asked of them before the game.

"It is not easy at the finish of the season to play away in the warmth after a long trip, but the attitude was very good and in the future I hope we can do the same."

Capello insists he can take a lot of positives from the last ten days which has seen England claim victory over USA and Trinidad.

"I am very happy because the players that have stayed with us and coming here have played very well and had good concentration and attitude in every moment, not just in the game but before and off the pitch," he said.

"I have learnt a lot, I know the players from training and from the game as this is very different. I saw a lot of things," he said.

"For the future we are playing every game better, and step by step we are moving on."

"I hope we will be better, and for the [World Cup] qualification be okay."