Wenger vows to keep duo

Arsenal boss insists Fabregas and Adebayor will be staying

Arsene Wenger has insisted that Cesc Fabregas and Emmanuel Adebayor will both be staying at Arsenal.

Fabregas' future has been the subject of intense speculation after he enjoyed another superb season for the Gunners.

Arsenal finished without any silverware, however, and a number of Europe's top clubs reportedly believe he could be tempted away.

The likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Milan have all been linked with the Spaniard but Wenger is adamant that he will not be leaving Emirates Stadium this summer.

Asked how much he could reassure Arsenal supporters, Wenger said on Sky Sports News: "I don't know why I have to reassure them - Fabregas will be at Arsenal next season.

"It is obvious to me and there is no doubt in my mind."

Under contract

Wenger is just as confident about keeping Adebayor and has warned Milan against making a move for the striker.

The Italian giants have revealed that Adebayor is among their top transfer targets but Wenger is ready to fight for one of his most prized assets.

"Adebayor is under a firm contract that he extended last year," said the Arsenal boss.

"If Milan are interested in Adebayor, they just have to call me and they will get the answer they deserve."