Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Information

Information

What is the difference between softcam and firmware please and thank you.

Re: Information

Dear deschenes
    Firmware is basic program for receiver.
    Without firmware loaded receiver we can not even turn on receiver or any other activities on receiver.
    Firmware is the same as operating system for computer.
    Without any operating system on computer we can not use computer.
    Softcam is the program that includes the key for different providers and chanels that are not free to air.
    Please be informed that without valid softcam we can not open and watch scrambeled chanels unless by using the original cards or some smsrt cards but without firmware as I told we can not turn on the receiver so can not watch any chanel even free to air chanel.
    For watching scrambeled chanels we need up to date firmware and up to date softcam.
    For watching free to air chaneles we need firmware but it is not necessarly up to date and we do not need any softcam.

Best regards
    rrssrrss

Thank you very much for this information

You welcome.
    rrssrrss

Uploads

how can i run soft cam on 3500 cuci ultra

Dear friend
    First of all you should search and find appropriate upto date softcam for your receiver model I mean softcam for model 3500 cu ci ultra then load it to you receiver by loader and that is all.
    Best regards
    rrssrrss

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by deschenes View Post
    What is the difference between softcam and firmware please and thank you.

Firmware = Software for your resiver

Softcam = only keys for your resiver

I know that every receiver has its own kind of firmware.
    Can we download any kind of softcam To any kind of receiver or every receiver has its own softcam ?.Your answer will be apretiated.

Quote Originally Posted by alidafi View Post
    how can i run soft cam on 3500 cuci ultra
    use program called KeyEditor, load latest softcam file, connect receiver to computer and upload file to receiver. It is easy just run KeyEditor program and you have all instructions.

You can use softcam for all receivers or same specific for this model of receiver. Only problem with same other softcams what can happend that it not have all last keys updated(included). I use program called crimson editor and check softcam before uploading. With this can you make own softcam with keys what you need.

Dear friend
    Usually every groups of receivers have own softcam and it is better to use the softcam that is acceptable by our receiver.
    In detail, if we use our receiver's own softcam we will find that each key will sit in it's correct address and the apropriate chanels will open,at the other hand if we use other softcams for our receiver then we will find that all scrambeled chanels witch we consider to be open are not open or may be only the few chanels are open.
    In brief , using any unsuitable softcams do not cause any damage to our receiver so we can find suitable softcam for our receiver by trial and error or edit our needed softcam by using some edittors like as crimson key edittor or other key edittors.
    Best regards
    rrssrrss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast