Turkey coach Fatih Terim says his team will be "unforgettable" when they face the Czech Republic in Sunday's winner-takes-all final Group A match.

Both sides have three points following a stuttering campaign so far and will be vying to qualify for the last eight in second spot behind Portugal.

And Terim said: "We needed the victory over Switzerland in the last game to gain our confidence again.

"We are still in the competition and hopeful - that's important."

The Turks' come-from-behind 2-1 win over Switzerland, secured in stoppage time by Arda Turan's deflected strike, means a win against the Czech Republic will see them into the quarter-finals of a European Championship for only a second time.

In the event of a draw, the match will be decided on penalties, but Turkey keeper Volkan Demirel insists his side will earn their place in the next round in normal time.
"If the game goes to penalties, I will do my best," he said, "but I am sure we will go through without needing a shoot-out.

"The back four and I will have a tough task because the Czechs are a tall outfit, but our defenders play better against that sort of opposition.

"Our nation, our people, should believe in us because we have the capability."