Hiddink proud to progress

Russia boss thrilled to secure quarter-final place

Russia boss Guus Hiddink revealed his immense pride in his side after they qualified for the quarter-finals of Euro 2008.

Sweden stood in the way of a quarter-final clash against heavily-fancied Holland, but Hiddink's troops made light work of their more illustrious opponents thanks to goals from Roman Pavlyuchenko and Andrei Arshavin.

Hiddink is not getting carried away with their form as he fears Holland will have a major advantage as Marco van Basten was able to rest of number of regulars for their final group game against Romania.

"We're very proud of what the team have achieved in this tournament," Hiddink stated. "But that's not enough.

"The next goal are the Dutch (in Basel on Saturday). Our problem is we only have two days to recuperate.

"I don't have 20 A-players. Holland used their B-team last night (against Romania). Their A-team have had five or six days to recover.

"This is a huge win for a side still under construction. It gives me real pleasure to work with them.

"In the course of the past three weeks these youngsters have learnt a lot."

The impressive Arshavin was full of praise for Russia's attacking play against Sweden, although he felt they could have scored more.

Although Russia are in red-hot form the Zenit St Petersburg ace has acknowledged Holland will be the hardest nut to crack.

"We played very well, we attacked very well," said Arshavin.

"At 1-0 I thought we sat back a bit, which I didn't like, but when we got the second goal I thought we could have gone on to get more.

"I hope we can do the same again against Holland but they are the strongest team in the tournament."