Scolari plots 'revolution'

Nobody is safe at Stamford Bridge as new manager arrives

New Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has warned his inherited squad that nobody is safe at Stamford Bridge.

Scolari takes charge of the Premier League club following Portugal's elimination from Euro 2008 and has revealed that he is ready to overhaul the Blues.

The likes of Nicolas Anelka, Florent Malouda and Shaun Wright-Phillips could all face Scolari's axe, while the former Brazil boss is believed to be keen to land Barcelona pair Ronaldinho and Deco.

But Scolari has also hinted that he will be keen to build a committed Chelsea squad, which could signal the departure of Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba as speculation continues over the duo's future.

"It will be a revolution especially in terms of mentality," Scolari told the News of the World.

"First there will need to be an overhaul, as happens in any company when they change boss.

"When that happens I don't know, because it depends on the human resources, on the whole team.

"I confess, for the first few games I will have difficulty in identifying all the players and getting their fusion right.

"Everyone has their personality, their way of working and their way of seeing players. I will begin by seeing players in training because you see different reactions there."

And Scolari also insists that he will not be afraid to tread on a few toes in West London as he bids to build a winning team following Chelsea's empty-handed 2007/08 campaign.

"My choices are purely tactical ones. I pick the players I think are the best," added Scolari. "I only give explanations about players I pick, never about others.

"I won't give explanations about any player not selected. Whoever is not selected is not selected.

"Let them be unhappy with it. They know that's the way it is in football. I, as a coach, have to live with the responsibility of choosing.

"Nobody knows what goes on inside my head. That's why it's better not to respond to some criticism."