Nerves no problem for Lewis

British Grand Prix winner in tie for title lead heading to Hockenheim.

Lewis Hamilton insists he always has big-race nerves before every Grand Prix, but says these help him to focus on the task in hand.
Hamilton has often given off the aura of a typical ice-cool Formula One stars who fearlessly throws himself and his car around racetracks at frightening speeds.
The British star seemed even more calm and collected throughout a remarkable rookie season, and his temperament was one of the reasons put forward for his success.
Hamilton certainly conquered his nerves two weeks ago when he stormed to victory in his home British Grand Prix, thrilling the crowds at Silverstone.
Despite his usually serene exterior, Hamilton revealed that the nerves are flying around his body as he sits on the grid preparing for the frenetic start to every race.

"Well, I'm human," said Hamilton.
"There are nerves, but not the kind thinking I might fail. They are of excitement, with the adrenaline pumping.
"It's about whether I will get the start perfect; what will happen in the first corner, because it's an unknown. You've no clue.
"It's a question of: do I go left or right?; do I brake early or late?; do I get hit from behind?; do I get a flat tyre?
"There are so many questions, and that's the exciting thing about it.
"With the nerves it's about how I control them, control that energy and try and maintain it through the race, and that's always a key.
"But when I talk about nerves, I can tell you I've had them since I started racing, and it is the same before every race.
"I have that same excitement and, as long as I have that, then I will keep doing what I'm doing.
"If it ever goes, then...."

Hamilton did not go through with saying he would quit once the nerves subside, but he continually explains that the thrill of Formula One drives him on.
Ahead of the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim this weekend, Hamilton says he has no way of controlling these nerves that fill up his body.
Hamilton is comfortable with the excitement he feels before a race and has no intentions of trying to master or control it.
"I don't think there is a way to control them," added Hamilton.
"It's just the way your body is. It is a state of mind, and I have no methods or solutions to deal with it.
"I've never been trained on it and I don't feel the need. It is just an exciting part of motor racing and being a racing driver.
"I would have thought by now I would have a regime and a mindset but then I know how to get into the zone.
"Every time there is a different gut feeling, a different emotion, a different nerve."
Hamilton's nerves will be racing on Sunday after his British victory put him in a three-way tie for the lead of the title alongside Ferrari's Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen.