Patched with HUGHES/TIVO IR codes. Tested OK.
About a year ago I started using HexWorkshop to analyze the differences between the non-tivo and Chancysand's bins with the Huges/Tivo patches. I successfully determined which sections of codes needed to be patched. I patched, tested and released several versions, however, after Dec. 17th 2008 I quickly got tired of repeatedly patching the X05-BL BIN files.
So, I got lazy and just waited for Chancysand's or someone else to release their patched versions. However, last week I wrote two programs in the "C" language that automate the patching process.
The first program scans the original released BIN and determines the base, relative and fixed locations (addresses) where the patches are to be applied and call the second program passing to it said information.
The second program uses these addresses maps to patch a X-05BL BIN file and recalculate/updates the BIN's checksum.
Now, it takes me less than a minute to patch a BIN file!
I'm thinking about enhancing the programs by adding support for the 2700A/E.