Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: convert phoenix apollo to openbox

convert phoenix apollo to openbox

THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
    You will need a null cable connected to your pc
    Here is a guide to convert your phoenix apollo to an openbox..
    I have tried to make this as clear as possible as it is a question that keeps coming up over and over..

Step 1.. First you need to download the all updater, i have attached this to this post for your convenience..(see below)

Step 2.. Download the correct 'convert file' for your receiver ..Both the ci and ci-mc models convert to an openbox x820.. The apollo FTA converts to an openbox f300 ..see below for the files needed (the openbox f300 will convert to openbox x800 which you can do later as the support for the f300 is now poor)

Step 3.. After you have unzipped both the above files - turn your receiver off from the mains switch at the back of your receiver - connect your null cable and then run the all- updater program

Step 4.. Now click the 'file' tab on the all-updater, press open and select the 'wsw convert file' you have downloaded in step 2

Step 5.. Now click the 'update' tab on the all-updater.. Then switch your receiver on from the mains switch at the back.. You should then see a progress bar on the all-updater and the text ''
    Connecting…
    OK! >> Connection.
    Downloading… ”

Do not turn your receiver off until you see the following message
    Completed to Update STB! OK
    You will also see the figure '8' displayed on your receiver (this is very important) This should all take about 5 minutes.

Step 6.. After you see the above message and the figure '8' on your box you can turn your receiver off from the switch at the back and disconnect the null cable... Wait 10 seconds before you turn it back on!!

If all goes well your receiver is now an openbox and is capable of so much more... Remember this is at your own risk!! You will lose all settings!!

Step 7.. Now you need to update to the latest software, for the latest files go here http://www.satsupreme.com/showthread.php?t=40667
    To load the latest software file you follow the above procedure but use the latest software instead of the convert file...

Step 8.. Next you need to download pobedit, this is a settings and key editor which is very useful - for the latest version also go here http://www.satsupreme.com/showthread.php?t=40667

Step 9.. With pobedit you can load the latest key files (f3k) to your openbox, for the latest files go here http://www.satsupreme.com/showthread.php?t=40995

Hope this helps members to convert

Uploads

Re: convert phoenix apollo to openbox

well done kip ,very useful post mate,.

Uploads

Hello Kip22
    With this procedure and' possible to transform, SAB Explorer fta in Openbox ?
    Thanks

SAB Explorer FTA

http://w*w.sabsatellite.nl/productsdetail.php?prod=294

Openbox F-300 FTA

Quote Originally Posted by stark21 View Post
    Hello Kip22
    With this procedure and' possible to transform, SAB Explorer fta in Openbox ?
    Thanks

SAB Explorer FTA

http://w*w.sabsatellite.nl/productsdetail.php?prod=294

Openbox F-300 FTA
    I don,t have files for the fta but it will work with the voyager satcatcher vIII and vII.. sorry these are the only files i have... I have also read that satcatcher is now called sab, so i am not sure if these files will work for you, you will need to research yourself as i do not have this box.. all the best

Thanks for the guide kip......alan

Uploads

I've converted to openbox x820 with 5.41 version of the firmware.
    I cannot connect using POBedit .922 and continue to get a com port connection timeout error.
    I'm using a PC with a null cable to connect to the RS232 socket with the 5.41 f3k file.
    Any idea what I could be doing wrong -I have tried changing the COM port from COM1 but to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by lucania View Post
    I've converted to openbox x820 with 5.41 version of the firmware.
    I cannot connect using POBedit .922 and continue to get a com port connection timeout error.
    I'm using a PC with a null cable to connect to the RS232 socket with the 5.41 f3k file.
    Any idea what I could be doing wrong -I have tried changing the COM port from COM1 but to no avail.
    Are you sure it is the latest pobedit you are using as old versions are not compatible?

Uploads

yes definitely 5.41 with pobedit .922. continue to get COM port connection timeout message. Is there a step by step guide anywhere thta anyone knows of?

Quote Originally Posted by lucania View Post
    yes definitely 5.41 with pobedit .922. continue to get COM port connection timeout message. Is there a step by step guide anywhere thta anyone knows of?
    The only time i have had a connection timeout is when i have had a hardware problem, there is a thread in this section somewhere about this.. You should not need a step by step guide as pobedit is quite easy to use.. To load keys all you need to do is open the latest f3k file, pobedit should open automatically and then just press send in the keys tab.. your reciever should remain on while you do this.. The only other thing i can think of is to make sure you are using the right com port (try them all).. If none of this works it could be more serious, the max232 chips quite often blow on these, i did it with one when removing the null cable while the openbox was on

Uploads

Thumbs up Re: convert phoenix apollo to openbox

Hi Kip,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I've tried all the port options and changing the null modem but still the same error message -if the STB 232 chip has blown, do you know a way I can confirm this?

I have reinstalled the POBedit 0.922 with v 5.41 of software (Boot is v1 if that makes any difference) with the latest f3k files on one of your earlier posts.

If you can think of anything else I'd be grateful -otherwise I'm giving up.

Cheers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast