Hamilton takes pole at Spa

11th pole of career for Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton will start ahead of main title rival Felipe Massa after clinching pole position for Sunday's Belgian Grand Pix.
A stunning display around the Spa circuit saw Hamilton take the 11th pole of his 30-race Formula One career and his fifth this year with a time of 47.338 seconds.
Massa, who was over 0.3secs down on the British driver, will start in second while Hamilton's McLaren teammate Heikki Kovalainen will line up behind in third.

The second Ferrari driver, world champion Kimmi Raikkonen, completes the top four ahead of BMW-Sauber's Nick Heidfeld, who edged former world champion Fernando Alonso into sixth.
"Today has been a great day," said Hamilton. "I was happy with all three laps in qualifying. It's always very satisfying when you go out, come in, and watch everybody else do their laps.
"Today the team made no mistakes, and I made no mistakes. I feel great, with the atmosphere in the great.

"Coming from Valencia (the European Grand Prix a fortnight ago) I knew we had work to do. But I feel better than ever. As you can see I'm stoked."
Hamilton curerntly leads Massa by six points in the championship with six races remaining, while Raikkonen is a further seven points adrift.

The Brazilian driver admitted he had been beaten fair and square by Hamilton.
"I did a great lap," he said. "Almost a perfect lap, but it wasn't enough.
"Sometimes you do a great lap and you're still missing something. It wasn't enough, but the race is long.
"Starting from the front row is very important, and let's hope we have a strong race tomorrow.

"We need to do everything we can to make sure we have strong pace."
Hamilton knows that Sunday's race will be tough but said he was feeling confident.
"It is not over yet," he added. "It is going to be a very challenging day for me and all of us tomorrow. But I am feeling really good.

"I am all over, much better than I felt in Valencia. I feel better than ever now and we had perfect preparation for this race.
"I have got a big smile on my face, but I hope I still have tomorrow."

1. Heikki Kovalainen (Finland) McLaren, 1 min 46.037 secs
2. Lewis Hamilton (Britain) McLaren, 1:46.088
3. Kimi Raikkonen (Finland) Ferrari, 1:46.298
4. Nick Heidfeld (Germany) BMW Sauber, 1:46.311
5. Felipe Massa (Brazil) Ferrari, 1:46.391
6. Fernando Alonso (Spain) Renault, 1:46.491
7. Robert Kubica (Poland) BMW Sauber, 1:46.494
8. Sebastien Bourdais (France) Toro Rosso - Ferrari, 1:46.544
9. Sebastian Vettel (Germany) Toro Rosso - Ferrari, 1:46.804
10. Mark Webber (Australia) RedBull - Renault, 1:46.814
11. Jarno Trulli (Italy) Toyota, 1:46.949