Lewis - I'm 'better than ever'

Championship leader enjoys "great day"

Lewis Hamilton said he was feeling "better than ever" after claiming pole position for Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix.
The current World Championship leader secured top slot - his fifth pole of the season - with a time of one minute 47.338 seconds in the final qualifying session at the Spa-Francorchamps circuit.
The McLaren Mercedes star therefore lines up one place ahead of Ferrari's Felipe Massa - his nearest challenger in the title stakes - with team-mate Heikki Kovalainen lining up third ahead of World Champion Kimi Raikkonen.
"Today has been a great day for me," said Hamilton, who has a six-point over Massa in the drivers' standings.

"I was so happy with all three laps I did in qualifying because it is always satisfying when you can do one lap and come back and watch everyone try and get their laps done.
"Today the team made no mistakes and I made no mistakes, I had three great laps, four great laps, at the end of Q3."
"My first Q3 lap had a bit of a lock-up at turn one, same at the second one but I kept it together, and the rest of the lap I was very happy with.
"I decided to stay with the harder tyre for Q2 and surprisingly the option, the softer tyre, is quite a bit better. Everyone else was on option and I was on prime, so I was comfortable with the pace I had considering I was on that tyre."

The Briton overcame illness last time out to finish second behind Massa in the European Grand Prix at Valencia.
However, after watching the Brazilian come on strong during the last two races - Massa also leading the Hungarian Grand Prix from start to finish before suffering an engine failure - Hamilton appears confident heading into Sunday's race.

"I feel great, the atmosphere in the team feels great," he continued. "I think coming from Valencia we knew we had some work to do and I come here feeling better than ever.
"I feel comfortable in the car, I have got a big enough smile."

Hamilton displayed similar confidence after taking pole position at the Hungaroring at the start of August, only to see Massa pass him round the outside into the first corner of the race.
Nevertheless, he appears determined not to let the Brazilian out-drag him twice.

"I said I will never be overtaken around the outside again - and that's not going to happen," he added.
"The short start makes it easier because the longer the straight from the start line, the more effect it has.
"But then it's tricky here because after turn one you have the longest straight in the world.
"It's going to be an interesting start, but I plan on staying ahead."