Latest transfers speculations Monday 15.09.08

All the latest football gossip

Monday's gossip column

Director of football Dennis Wise and managing director Derek Llambias will also leave the Magpies once owner Mike Ashley finds a new buyer.

The Dubai royal family and Indian billionaire Anil Ambani are the favourites to buy the St James' Park outfit.

Chinese property developer Xu Rongmao is keen on the north-east club, with a view to exploiting the commercially valuable land surrounding the stadium.

Members of Newcastle's management team have been in Dubai over the weekend seeking a buyer for the club.

Ashley is determined to at least recoup the 250m he has spent on the Magpies.

Injured Newcastle stars Obafemi Martins and Habib Beye were denied entry by a member of St James' Park security staff on Saturday because they did not have tickets for the game against Hull.

Birmingham have permission to speak to Tottenham midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng about a three-month loan deal.

Other gossip other than transfer news.............

Chelsea have told West Ham that they will need to pay 1.2m in compensation if they want to prise assistant boss Steve Clarke away from Stamford Bridge.

But the Hammers believe a figure of 600,000 is more realistic.

Clarke's proposed move to work with new West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola could end up in court, with Chelsea seeking up to 5m in compensation.

West Ham are willing to pay up to 1m to secure Clarke's services but the collapse of their shirt sponsors XL has left them with little room for manoeuvre.

The Hammers are also looking at alternatives to Clarke as an assistant for Zola.

Setanta are expected to reach an agreement with either the BBC or ITV to ensure there are highlights of England's remaining away World Cup qualifiers.

England midfielder David Beckham was booed by Los Angeles Galaxy fans after they lost 2-0 to Kansas City Wizards - their 12th consecutive game without a win.

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo, who spent much of the summer angling for a move to Real Madrid, believes the Old Trafford faithful will forgive him when he returns to action. "I'm already in the history of the club," he said. "When I play the fans will love me again."