Friday October 03-10-08.

Latest Transfer Stories:

Jones loaned to Latics

Daniel Jones has joined Oldham on a one-month loan deal, and penned a new contract at Wolves.
The 21-year-old will stay with the Latics until 1st November and will attempt to consolidate their place among the League One pacesetters.
He admits that his long-term future remains at Molineux, but is happy to continue his development at Boundary Park.
Such is his determination to make an impact at Wolves that he signed a new and improved contract on Friday which will keep him at the club until 2010.

Millers snap up Barker

Striker returns for second stint with League Two club
Richie Barker has re-joined Rotherham on an emergency loan deal from Hartlepool.
The veteran striker has signed an initial three-month deal, with the option to make the move permanent when the transfer window re-opens in January.
The 32-year-old made over 150 appearances for the Millers during a previous three-year spell with the club, before moving on to Mansfield in 2004.
He told the club's official website: "I am delighted to be back. It is often said that you should never go back but I am going to give it a real go.
"I want to be more successful this time around from a personal and team perspective and I think that is a realistic possibility.
"There were a few other clubs interested but I still live in Rotherham so the opportunity to come back as a player was too good to turn down. I am also looking forward to the opportunity to work with Mark Robins, who is somebody that I played with in the past in my first spell here.
"It has been well documented that the club has had its troubles in recent years but after discussions with the gaffer he told me about the chairman's plans for the club, so I am really looking forward to getting started."

Rafa - Agger not for sale

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has rejected reports linking Daniel Agger with a possible move to Real Madrid.
Reports had suggested that Real were lining up a move for the Danish central defender when the transfer window reopens in January.
Real's vice-president Jose Angel Sanchez was quoted as saying Agger was among their top targets as they look to bolster their defensive options.
Agger has struggled to reclaim his place in the Liverpool side this season after recovering from a foot injury which ruled him out for the majority of last term.
The 23-year-old's frustration at his lack of action has fuelled speculation over his future, but Benitez is adamant the highly-rated central defender is going nowhere.

Saints snap up Smith

Southampton have snapped up Millwall winger Ryan Smith on loan.
Former Arsenal youngster Smith has signed a three-month deal at St Mary's.
Smith has fallen out-of-favour at The Den and Southampton have moved to lure him to the South Coast.
The 22-year-old will help fill the void left by Nathan Dyer's departure to Sheffield United.
Smith is expected to be included in the Southampton squad for this weekend's game with Coventry.

Reds starlet on comeback trail

Liverpool defender Robbie Threlfall has set his sights on making a quick return to action from injury.
The highly-rated full-back is currently recovering from a broken metatarsal he sustained while on loan at Hereford.
The injury curtailed his progress at Hereford after he impressed during his four appearances for the League One outfit, including a superb showing against Crystal Palace in the Carling Cup.
Threlfall is making a speedy recovery from the injury after undergoing an operation last month.
The 19-year-old has targeted a return to full fitness by the end of November and he is keen to get back in action as he looks to catch the eye of Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez.
Threlfall joined Hereford on loan until January and he is hopeful of returning to Edgar Street before the end of his deal.
"The recovery is going well and I am determined to get back to full fitness by the end of November," Threlfall told
"I am on loan at Hereford until January so I am hoping to finish my loan spell on a high before I return to Liverpool.
"The injury was frustrating as I was getting some games under my belt and I am itching to get back out there playing."

Kuyt dismisses City talk

Dirk Kuyt has told cash-rich Manchester City to forget about trying to sign Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard.
City, backed by the finances of the Abu Dhabi Group, have been linked with moves for a host of Europe's top stars including Gerrard.
However, Kuyt has ruled out the prospect of Gerrard or any other Liverpool player swapping Anfield for Eastlands.
"We don't talk about City much as players, but we know they have a new owner and we know he's got a lot of money," said Kuyt.

Real - Agger will do

Spanish champions Real Madrid have admitted they are 'likely' to make a bid for Liverpool defender Daniel Agger in January.
The Danish international is currently kicking his heels at Anfield with Slovak Martin Skrtel the preferred partner to stalwart Jamie Carragher in the heart of the defence.
Agger, who struggled last term with a broken foot, has yet to make a Premier League appearance this term and has already denied that he has had a bust-up with coach Rafa Benitez.
But with just 18 months left on his current contract his long-term future does seem in some doubt and Real are ready to tempt Liverpool into a sale.
One of their vice-presidents Jose Angel Sanchez has confirmed to the British media that Real are ready to make a move.
"He [Agger] is a player we have been looking at for a long time and it is
likely we will bid for him in January," Sanchez is quoted in The Times.
"He is a world-class player and without doubt he would fit into our plans.
"We already had plans about buying Agger this summer, along with some other players, but the Robinho situation took so much attention and demanded so many resources from the club that we had to drop the plans about putting a bid in for Agger and other players that we had in mind.
"What we need is a defender and a striker, and, at the moment, Agger is on top of our list."