Hamilton eyes dry weather

Championship leader looks to reign in Japan

Lewis Hamilton may have thrived in the rain at last year's Japanese Grand Prix - however the championship leader is hoping for dry weather this time around.
Hamilton, who has a seven-point lead over Ferrari's Felipe Massa in the race for the world title, has enjoyed notable wins in wet conditions at Silverstone and Monaco this season.
And although the 23-year-old insists he is happy no matter what the conditions, he admits he prefers dry weather - something which is forecasted for Sunday.

"One of the questions I get asked most is whether I prefer to drive in the rain," said Hamilton.
"My answer is always the same, I'll race in the wet or dry, I don't mind.
"But it's always easier for us drivers to race in the dry; I'd always prefer a dry race.

"This weekend, I'll be hoping for dry weather for another reason - I want the fans at the track to have the best weekend possible and to enjoy the atmosphere of one of the season's best races."
With the dry conditions predicted for the race, McLaren CEO Martin Whitmarsh believes that "clever engineering" at the Fuji Speedway will be the difference between success and failure.
"It's not a particularly extreme circuit; it's not a place that really places a premium on the car or the driver - unless it's raining, of course," said Whitmarsh,

"But, as a result, it's a circuit where you really benefit from solid, clever engineering rather than raw power or efficient aerodynamics.
"This year, we're bringing a number of smaller components to the car ahead of the race and will be working hard with our engineers to ensure that we can maximise our track time in order to get our cars well-balanced."