Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incorrect Partition Header

Uploads

Incorrect Partition Header

Hello,

I have Manhatten Plaza XT-CM with fw 2.38. When I try to upload the latest softcam (041008.key) to it, I get "Incorrect Partition Header".

I'v tried several times without any luck.

I got these messages on earlier versions also, but I just gave up, and moved to the next one. Now I want to know what I'm doing wrong, or what the problem is.

Thanks in advance

Re: Incorrect Partition Header

i have same problem, any ideas anyone????

Uploads

This apparently has to do with using a null-modem cable with a USB connector. If you can try getting hold of a standard null modem cable (no USB connector) and plug it directly into an RS232 port, it will almost definitely work, that is, you will not got the error.

Of course, I'm aware it's difficult these days to get hold of a PC with an RS232 port. One way round this might be to invest in a port replicator. Google for it.

Hope this helps. I should also add that Zoltar has addressed this point too. Search the forum here for more on this issue.

S

Uploads

So, I guess it's back to the oldschool. doh

Quote Originally Posted by Sheikspeare View Post
    This apparently has to do with using a null-modem cable with a USB connector. If you can try getting hold of a standard null modem cable (no USB connector) and plug it directly into an RS232 port, it will almost definitely work, that is, you will not got the error.

Of course, I'm aware it's difficult these days to get hold of a PC with an RS232 port. One way round this might be to invest in a port replicator. Google for it.

Hope this helps. I should also add that Zoltar has addressed this point too. Search the forum here for more on this issue.

S
    many thanks for clearing that up, will try olde technology..lol

Did you solve the problem using a straight RS232 connection ? I face the same problem.

yes using a null modem cable RS-232 female/female it will work 100%......................

Uploads

I solved the problem too. I used null-modem cable with my com port on the stationary pc and it worked well.

I'll try in the nearest future one another usb-RS232 solution as I think that I got it to work with that one, but I'm not sure. I'll try to see what happens and I'll post it here.

Uploads

This prob will be fixed if you upload the latest patch.

Hi

I downloaded the latest Patch and tried then to download the latest softcam,but I'm also getting Incorrect Partition Header.....do i have to look for old PC with direct RS 232 Connection or there is any way around it.....?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast