Thread: Diablo basics... little explanation please?

Question Diablo basics... little explanation please?

Hi all,

I have had a matrix cam for ages and have just purchased a diablo cam to expand my knowledge of how these things work. I was wondering if someone could explain the basics of the diablo cam for me? For example, i noticed there are 2 different files you can load onto the diablo (stealth & underworld), can these be related to the MRB and NEO files for the matix? Also i noticed something called "Fausto" quite often. what is Fausto? is it used on both versions of the diablo (wifi/light)? Also if the cam is loaded with version 2.3, does updating the stealth or underworld file overwrite this? Or does it stay on the cam?

I tried searching the forums, but theres just to many threads to put together a good picture of the whole diablo system without confusing myself even more!

VIP Member
    Uploads

Re: Diablo basics... little explanation please?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fatty View Post
    Hi all,

I have had a matrix cam for ages and have just purchased a diablo cam to expand my knowledge of how these things work. I was wondering if someone could explain the basics of the diablo cam for me? For example, i noticed there are 2 different files you can load onto the diablo (stealth & underworld), can these be related to the MRB and NEO files for the matix? Also i noticed something called "Fausto" quite often. what is Fausto? is it used on both versions of the diablo (wifi/light)? Also if the cam is loaded with version 2.3, does updating the stealth or underworld file overwrite this? Or does it stay on the cam?

I tried searching the forums, but theres just to many threads to put together a good picture of the whole diablo system without confusing myself even more!

The first MAJOR difference between the Diablo and other CAMs (Matrix or Dragon/T-Rex), is that you can not update it [Diablo] with just a FUN (or other Loader) Card, this includes Dummy Cards as well. To update a Diablo, Wireless (802.15.4 ~ZigBee~), Lite which can read full size Cards, or the new(er)/ish WiFi (802.11), you'll need to have at the minimum a CAS2+ a CAS3+ is highly recomended though. Without either of these Systems it doensn't matter which version (e.g. Stealth or Underworld), you'd care to use.

Now on to the second stage there are two types of Diablo CAMs those with Revision 2.3 Software and those with only Revsion 2.2 installed. This is where some of the difference between (so far as I understand it), the Stealth and Underworld lay.

Stealth has normal Software for Nagra, Seca, and Via as well as Cryptoworks, this Software also supports DCW and Biss. Basically all the basic stuff that you'd expect a CAM to do.

Underworld is basicly the same thing as the above, but it unlike the Stealth it can decrypt some Conax Packages*

It doesn't matter which "Package" you choose to install as both the Stealth and Underworld Packages will work with any Diablo CAM.

If you want to watch those "Packages" in Conax though you might need to update your Module first. Such is my case as I have the older "Wireless" ZigBee model with Rev.2.2 Software. Upshot no Coanx for me.

You can (for 'round ~30.00(EUR)), get an update for your CAM from Duolabs which will update your CAM to Rev.2.3, but as with plain Vanilla Updates you'll still need either a CAS2+ or better still a CAS3+.**

*Only w/Revision 2.3 Software
    **In b4 flames yes you can also use the Twinbase, in fact this may be the all-time best option of all if you can find it in your Shop. Unfortunatly I've
    had little luck with my Local Dealer. So I kinda overlook it form time to time. The only point here beeing that you can **NOT** update the CAM anyother way but with such a Programer. No, sadly not even with a Laptop w/a PCMCIA Slot will be of use here. You want to reprogram your Diablo CAM? You must have one of the following:

CAS2+
    CAS3+
    Twinbase

There is no other way!!

Stealth = Normal Software
    Underworld adds Conax to the above

Conax only works with Rev 2.3 (Check the Underside of CAM, or on the Info Page under CAM Options)...